Living Well with ME: A Mindfulness-based Approach
Living with a long-term health condition such as ME can give rise to stress, tension, irritation and depression. While these are perfectly normal and understandable reactions, they are ultimately unhelpful in dealing with a long-term health condition. Mindfulness provides a way to change our relationship to the ME, by providing a tool kit of resources that help reduce these unhelpful reactions. Some of the benefits of learning and practising Mindfulness include:
• an increased ability to relax and experience calm
• greater confidence in ability to undertake activities
• increased ability to cope effectively with flare-ups or set-backs
• an increased ability to cope more effectively with short and long-term stress
• a decreased tendency to catastrophise (i.e. imagine the worst)
Fidelma has run several of these courses for the M.E. Trust, and has also worked with many individuals who have M.E.
When: 7 Saturdays, once a month, on the following dates: 29 April, 27 May, 24 June, 29 July, 26 August, 30 September, 28 October 2017 Hours: 15:30 - 16:30, except for the first class in April, which runs from 16:30 to 17:30Where: O'Callaghan Davenport Hotel, 8-10 Merrion Street Lower, Dublin 2.
Cost: Free for members of the Irish M.E. Trust. Contact the Irish M.E. Trust at 1890 200 912 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to become a member.
Booking: You must register with the Irish M.E. Trust to book a place - 1890 200 912 or email@example.com